CE Examples: Tools…..
Thorn Emi started to adopt CE in 1990 by integrating IT and computers in order to reduce the problems between design and manufacturing:
- Supporting CAD/CAM/CAE systems by introducing and integrating Rapid Prototyping tools
- Extensive use of simulation (AT&T Witness) for production and life cycle design and analysis
- Simulation integrated with MRP, BOM and MPS
- Computer Aided Process Planning (EDS Scicon’s Superscape)
- Product Information Management System (PIMS, Sherpa Corp.)