Modelling & Simulation for Biomedical Systems
Teachers: Agostino Bruzzone (DIME), Pierluigi Santi (DISC), Marco Frascio (DISC)
Abstract. The course devoted to create Problem Solving Skills based on M&S to
be applied to Biomedical Systems.
Techniques and Modelling Approaches for BioMedical System Analysis: moving from static models to dynamic simulation.
Criteria for evaluating the different alternatives in term of layout design, process definition and management policies: performance analysis, quality of Service, economic evaluations.
Models applied to real Case Study and validation of different methodological approaches with estimation of achievable improvements in the sector.
Development and Analysis of Computer Models: statistical and dynamic verification and validation, experimental design in biomedical systems.
The course includes lectures and exercises in classroom with cooperative and competitive team working involving sector experts; it includes also the use of simulation models in experimental case and the development of simulations related to biomedical systems.
The coruse includes also the tours and visit in real Biomedical Facilities.
McLeod Institute of Simulation Science
Simulation Team, MITIM DIME University of Genoa
DISC University of Genoa
DIMS PhD Program
DICMI University of Genoa
DIPTEM University of Genoa
NOTE: From some Computer it is required to repeat the operation for Security Reason, so in case of Click Failure come back on this page and "retry", the next tentative will be successful!
- Acep (2001) "Health Care Guidelines for Cruise Ship Medical Facilities", ICCL
- Bobrow M., Payette T., Skaggs R., Kobus R., Thomas J. (2000) "Building Type Basics for Healthcare Facilities", Wiley & Sons
- Bruzzone A., Massei M., Bartolucci C., Capponi D’Agostino L. (2013) “Social Layers and Population Models directed by Intelligent Agents for Estimating the impact of Operations and Investments” Proceedings of Simultech'13, Reykjavik, Iceland, July 29 - 31, 2013
- Bruzzone A.G., Tremori A., Madeo F., Tarone F, (2012a) "Intelligent agents driving Computer Generated Forces for simulating human behaviour in urban riots", International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling (IJSPM).
- Bruzzone, A. G., Frydman, C., Madeo, F., Zacharewicz, G., Massei, M., Tremori, A., Messouci, R. (2012b) “Intelligent agents for simulation of civil military cooperation and psychological operations”, Proceedings of Summer Computer Simulation Conference, 44(10) 131-143
- Bruzzone A.G. Tremori A., Massei M. (2011a) "Adding Smart to the Mix", Modeling Simulation & Training: The International Defense Training Journal, 3, 25-27, 2011
- Bruzzone A.G., Massei M. Tremori A., Bocca E., Madeo F., Tarone F, (2011c) "CAPRICORN: Using Intelligent Agents and Interoperable Simulation for Supporting Country Reconstruction", Proceedings of DHSS2011, Rome, Italy, September 12 -14
- Bruzzone, A. G., Massei, M., Madeo, F., Tarone, F., & Petuhova, J. (2011d) “Intelligent agents for pandemic modeling”, Proceedings of Emerging M and S Applications in Industry and Academia Symposium 2011, EAIA 2011 - 2011 Spring Simulation Multiconference, 23-30.
- Bruzzone, A. G., Novak, V., Madeo, F., & Cereda, C. (2011e) “Modeling of obesity epidemics by intelligent agents”, Proceedings of 23rd European Modeling and Simulation Symposium, EMSS 2011, 768-774.
- Bruzzone A., (2010a) “Human Behaviour Modelling as a Challenge for Future Simulation R&D: Methodologies and Case Studies”, Plenary Speech at Eurosim 2010, Prague
- Bruzzone A., Reverberi A., Ambra R., Cianci R., Bocca E., Fumagalli M.S. (2009) "Modeling Human Modifier Diffusion in Social Networks" Proceedings of I/ITSEC'2009, Orlando, USA, November 30-December 3, 2009
- Bruzzone A.G., Tremori A., Massei M. (2008a)"HLA and Human Behavior Models", Proceedings of MMS2008, Ottawa, Canada, April 14 - 17
- Bruzzone A.G., Massei M. (2007) "Polyfunctional Intelligent Operational Virtual Reality Agent: PIOVRA Final Report", EDA Technical Report
- Bruzzone A.G., Bocca E., Rocca A. (2006) "Algorithms devoted to Reproduce Human Modifiers in Polyfunctional Agents", Proceedings of SCSC2006, Calgary, Canada, July 30-August 3
- Bruzzone A.G., Wiliams E. (2004) "Summer Computer Simulation Conference", SCS International, San Diego, ISBN 1-56555-283-0 (597 pp)
- Bruzzone A., Giribone P., Mosca R. (2000) "Impiego della simulazione per il dimensionamento e l'organizzazione dei servizi", Giornata di Studio su Impiego della Simulazione per l'Ottimizzazione degli Impianti, Della Logistica e dei Servizi, Milan, March
- Bruzzone A.G., E.Page, A.Uhrmacher (1999) "Web-based Modelling & Simulation", SCS International, San Francisco, ISBN 1-56555-156-7
- Bruzzone A.G. (1998) "Internal Transportation Systems for Building and Public Services Design Using Simulation", Proceedings of ASTC98, Boston, 4-9 April
- Bruzzone A.G. (1996) "Object Oriented Modelling to Study Individual Human Behaviour in the Work Environment: a Medical Testing Laboratory ", Proc. of WMC'96, San Diego, January
- Carpman J.R., Grant M.A. (2001) "Design That Cares: Planning Health Facilities for Patients and Visitors", Jossey-Bass
- Ginter P.M., Duncan W.J., Sappington A.A., Swayne L.E.W. (2005) " Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations", Blackwell Publishing
- Giribone P., Bruzzone A.G.,A. Devoti (1998) "Combined Simulation of The Internal Transportation In Medical Environment", Proceedings of Medical Sciences Simulation Conference, San Diego, January 11-24
- Giribone P., Bruzzone A.G., Devoti A., Cuneo R., Folco G., Testa S. (1996) "Surgery Planning by Using Simulation : a Step Forward to Built-Up a General DSS for Hospital Management", Proceedings of ESS'96, Genoa, October 24-26, Italy
- Glaser J.P. (2002) "The Strategic Application of Information Technology in Health Care Organizations", Jossey-Bass
- Kongstvedt P.R. (2001) "The Managed Health Care Handbook", Jones & Bartlett Publishers
- Leibrock C.L. (1999) "Design Details for Health: Making the Most of Interior Design's Healing Potential", Wiley
- Miller R.L., Swensson E.S. (2002) "Hospital and Healthcare Facility Design", W. W. Norton & Company
- Verderber S., Fine D.J. (2000) "To "Healthcare Architecture in an Era of Radical Transformation", Yale University Press
Period and Schedule: si prevede una prima giornata di incontro con gli studenti interessati, mirata a presentare gli elementi del corso e fissare definitivamente l'orario ed il luogo delle lezioni.
Il Calendario dell'attuale edizione del Corso e' qui disponibile.
Come nota storica, la prima edizione si tenne il giorno 8/05/2007 alle 12.00.
Where: Sala Simulation Team Savona Campus, Via Cadorna 2, 17100 Savona, Italy - Simulation Lab, via Opera Pia 15, 16145 Genova, Italy
Notes. Language: lectures in Italian/English.
Requirements: no prerequisites, however the attendees are expected to have cultural interest in M&S, and computer use. Course Mode: lectures and case studies.